Dec 2nd, 1-5pm / Harbour Centre Vancouver
- Make a gingerbread house and decorate it using LED lights!
- Learn how to control LED brightness on your gingerbread house using an Arduino.
- Change brightness by waving your hands in front of the house. We’ll show you how to do this.
- Bring your appetite… you will get to eat the gingerbread houses in the end!
- You will get into groups and go through the tutorial together. Then, you are free to make gingerbread houses with your group!
- It’s FREE! Lumohacks was such a success that we wanted to end the year with another event.
You will need:
- A laptop
- Nothing else… it’s the holiday season and we’re ready to have some fun! We will send you some emails to set up the environment beforehand.
12:15pm – Sign in
1:00pm – Introduction & Tutorial on Using Sensors to Control Lights
2:00pm – Break
2:30pm – Tutorial on LED Lights
3:00pm – Make Gingerbread Houses
4:00pm – Debrief & Eating
4:30pm – Clean up!
What will the gingerbread party be like?
This will be a fun, relaxing afternoon making gingerbread houses with LED lights. You will also learn how to play and program with LED lights. Expect to write some code as well! This is meant to be a beginner tutorial, but if you have prior knowledge, that is great!
Will there be programming involved?
Yes, a tiny bit–we will show you how to control the LED lights using Arduino. You will work with wires and breadboards as well.
How much will this cost?
It’s free! We will provide the gingerbread house materials and light snacks. We will also provide the LED lights, sensors, arduinos, and wires (but you won’t get to keep these). We are funded by the SFSS for this event.
Who is this event for?
This event is for current students and people who have graduated from school in the past year due to funding constraints. We hope to expand our demographic for the next event!
This event is presented by Design Lab and Technovus.